Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Red Carpet Highlights !!

Who was the hottest on the red carpet?

Everyone is making fun of poor Reese Witherspoon's look, but I liked it. Somewhat silly, but still beautiful + her and Ryan are neck and neck for best looking couple of the night. Their closest rivals are - of course - Michelle & Heath. Although they went away empty handed, they looked just cute as anything together, but let's face it, Reese is the new Queen of Hollywood (and I've been saying that for weeks now) and the Queen looks damn good!!

Other than Queen Reese's great look (and I stand by that call), and that of Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams (who may be the cutest thing this side of anywhere), there was also the classic Hollywood look of Heath & Michelle's Brokeback costar, Anne Hathaway (the youngest of the cast btw) who, with bright-as-anything red lipstick and classic - almost playfully hedonistic - gown, looked as if it were 1947 and the Golden Age of Hollywood were still upon us.

Others that looked great last night were Natalie Portman and Keira Knightly, both in basic classy gowns and Ziyi Zhang, the ultra beautiful star of 2046 (I choose that film over the lesser US made Memoirs of A Geisha, which by the way stars two Chinese and one Malaysian born Actress as three Japanese Geishas - but that is another diatribe for another day, for I'm talking about how lovely Ziyi looked at the Globes).

Of course, we can't go anywhere - style wise - without mentioning ole Jack Sparrow himself. Johnny Depp looked like some sort of disheveled yet dapper demon last night, upon the arm of his stunning wife, French actress Vanessa Paradis. And, of course there is my current "girlfriend of the Cinema", Rachel Weisz, who was gorgeous in her golden gown - as she accepted her Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress.

I am sure there are others that I am forgetting (I'll have to watch E! tonight - and yes, I do watch E! - shhh, don't tell anyone) but before I go, I just wanted to share the photograph below with you - for obvious reasons. Go HERE for more Globe photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home