Friday, January 13, 2006

Rachel Weisz - and she can act too

I finally saw The Constant Gardener today (not sure how I missed it originally) and was swept away. Beautiful & gripping. Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz are spectacular in it. It is currently being added into various spots upon my soon to be announced Cinematheque Awards pages. Also, after watching this film, I think I may be in love with Rachel Weisz. Now, of course it's not that real kind of love that you would have for a girlfriend/boyfriend, husband, or - in my case - wife, but it is one of those unrequited things one feels for celebrities. Past loves have included (but are not restricted to) Jennifer Connelly, Isabelle Huppert, Zooey Deschanel, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Winona Ryder (pre-Dracula days - what the hell has happened to that girl!?), Ally Sheedy (brat pack days AND now), Princess Di (yes, you read that correctly - back in the early days of Princessdom) and my first crush, at the age of six, Laurie Partridge (aka Susan Dey, and now I am really telling my age). I am sure there are others, but enough of that, I only have eyes for Rachel now...but don't tell my wife (who is probably reading this right now, but with her Johnny Depp/Sean Penn/Michael Douglas thing going, I think it will be alright). PS: Jon, you were right, for once.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like how you articulated this grey area of "lust", given that one is happily married (for which I am so grateful!) you've put that quasi-movie-love experience quite well. I also somewhat agree concerning Ms. Weisz, but for me she'd be dream numero quatro after Kate Winslet, Emmanuelle Beart, and newest crush Scarlett Johannson. Also, we Winona fans will at least be able to see her rotoscoped soon! BTW, when are you going to update the Top Tens, I check regularly! Cheers.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx for the kudos on the whole lust thing (that sounded odd, didn't it?)

Top 10 Project should be updated this coming week-end - I have another 5 or 6 to put on the big master list.

And yes, I forgot to mention Ms. Winslet, which is quite funny considering the similarities between her and Ms. Weisz.

And I am glad someone out there is listening...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home