Thursday, January 19, 2006

A question of Taglines (sort of)

I am currently working on my Cinematheque Awards - nominations shall be announced on January 27th and winners on March 1st - and am busily pouring away at tag lines from all the 2005 films, in order to hand out the six nominations for that particular category (yes, I hand out awards for Best Tagline, ya got a problem wit dat? - just see what other categories there are by checking out last year's inaugural awards) - anyway, I was looking at all the possibilities in order to narrow it down to just six, when I came across one of the better ones (and almost certainly one of the final six). It is the tagline for Jarhead - I already knew about it, but had forgotten. The tagline is "Welcome to the Suck". My only question is, was this the right Jake Gyllenhaal film for this to be the tagline for? Or should it have been that other Jake film? Hmmmmm???

Just thought I'd ask. Anyway, am about to go see Match Point - FINALLY - so, judging by my recent talent at getting reviews up and posted in a timely fashion, you should be able to read my review for Match Point sometime within April or May. Okay, okay, I know - I still haven't aired my Caché, L'Intrus or The New World reviews!! I'm getting to them - I promise (maybe). Seriously, they all should be up soon (I hope). Good Night, and welcome to the Suck Jake!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home