Sunday, January 29, 2006

Oscar Predix: Three more Categories...

Three more categories are up on my Oscar Prediction Pages. Best Cinematography, Art Direction & Editing have all been given the final touch. Later tonight I will post my final predix for the rest of the technical categories (Score, Sound, Sound f/x, Visual f/x, Song, Costumes, Make-up) as well as my final pix for Adapted Screenplay and Lead Actor. Hopefully I'll finish my Foreign Language page tonight as well (so many have been disqualified, and I have a lot of jumbling to do). As for the other categories not yet done - namely Best Director and Best Original Screenplay - I am going crazy coming up with my final pix on those. I'm saving them for last, so I can stress out about them some more. They will probably be posted tomorrow evening, along with Best Picture, which is an obvious five choices but dramatically it needs to come at the end. And then Tuesday Morning at 8:30am EST (5:30 PT) we will see how well we all did at our predictions. Last year I went 68 for 97 [or 70%] overall and 25 for 30 [or 83%] in the "Big Six". This year, since I have added all three short subjects to my predictions (making total nominees anywhere between 108 and 112 - depending on if the short subjects are awarded three or five nominees each), I may end up not doing quite as well overall (+ I made some rather dangerous choices in a few categories), but let me predict my predictions (God am I ever obsessed) by saying I will go 75% overall (living dangerously!!) and at least 80% in the "Big Six". Anyway, I'll be back in a few hours with my SAG predictions, and later with commentary on the show and more Oscar Predix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home