Sunday, January 29, 2006

Taking a Stab at some Categories I'v Never Tried Before...

Decided to go all out this year and predict EVERY category. This - of course - must include the three short subject categories (Animated, Live-Action & Documentary). I'm not really sure what I'm doing with these, although there are a few seeming sure things, such as the Pixar short "One Man Band" and the Tom & Jerry cartoon "Karate Guard" (actually directed by the 94 year old Joseph Barbera), both most likely candidates to fight it out for the eventual Animated Short Film Oscar. "A Message from Fallujah" is the strongest candidate for Best Live-Action Short and "God Sleeps in Rwanda" is the surest thing in the Best Documentary Short Subject category. Other than these - and a few others (like "9", a short animated film soon to become a feature length Hollywood project, complete with the same director at the helm) - I am pretty much lost here, so if I don't do well here, perhaps I won't count them toward my overall prediction percentage total. Okay, that's cheating, so I'll probably stick with it - we'll see how moral I'm feeling on Tuesday Morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home