Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Wait til you hear this one...

I went to see Munich tonight, but that is not what I want to talk about right now. I shall leave that for tomorrow, when I reveal my review for it (which *hint*hint* will not be overly flattering). What I want to talk about right now is concerning one of the trailers that came with the film. The topic is anciet Mexico and the Aztecs, and something to do with a solar eclipse and the end of the world. The director is Mel Gibson (I can hear you gasping from here)...and here comes the best part...the name of this movie is...are U ready?...good...the name is APOCALYPTO. Wasn't that Superman's goldfish's name? Apocalypto?!?? Just by name alone this film should already be a laughing stock. I'm thinking The Postman, Water World, Battlefield Earth. There is a massochistic streak in me that is going to force me to rush to see it this coming Summer, so I'll let you know then. As for now...Happy Kwanzaa...

3 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should check out the Apocalypto trailer on quicktime. During the last rapid-edit montage start going frame by frame throug the trailer. You'll see a quick cut of a bearded Mel Gibson grinning with some of the aztec warriors.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Kevyn Knox said...

Am I the only one who finds this ridiculous??? Just by name alone, I don't think this film can be taken seriously - not that i personally ever take Gibson seriously tho...

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it a bit more uninteresting than I find it ridiculous. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home