Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Top Tenners are upon us

That time of the cinematic year is nearly upon us. The time when all the critics begin to name their Top 10 Lists. Okay, some of them have already been announced, but there are a lot more to come over the next three weeks or so. As for my own lists - I've upped the "release" date for my Best and Worst Lists. I will announce my Worst of 2005 on December 31st and then, on the following day - January 1st by the way - I will announce my Best of 2005. Of course, if you are a regular to my site, then you will already know of my annual rankings page, and in due course know which films I will be listing on by Best of 2005 page, but there are a handful of films I still need to see before finishing my lists, and there will be "never-before-read" commentary - that's mighty exciting isn't it!?.

As for other lists - there is a great annual sight that compiles upwards of 250 Top 10 Lists each and every year (since 2001). It is called Geninn, and it will most likely begin its round-up within the next week (in fact, I was just on there and it appears as if brewings are a brewin'). Another place to find Top 10 Lists is over at Nathaniel R.'s Film Experience. This list is comprised solely of on-line critics. I should be sending my list to both sights on New Year's Day. I'll list one Top 10 List here (actually two), but leave those others to compile the master list. Check out Nick Schager and Ed Gonzalez from Slant Magazine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home