Sunday, December 11, 2005

Brokeback Mt. kicks off Awards Season with a Big Bang in LA

The LAFCA Crix Pix are in, and boy did I suck at predicting what they would be. A measly 3 right out of 13 (as compared to last year's 7 for 14). And the only ones I did get right were the "lower" awards (Animation, Doc and Cinematog.). But I am glad to see Brokeback Mountian take home Best Pic and Director (even if I was wrong). I won't take up much more time here, since I am in Philly right now and will be spending so much time at screenings and other film events, that I won't have time to calculate any serious opines on the crix pix and/or my crix pix predix (I love that). Since I will probably not be back online til late Monday night (I should buy a damned laptop ya know) I will do a full round-up of the NBR, LAFCA, NYFCC, BFCA and Globes on Tuesday evening (after all have announced), as well as updating my Oscar Predix. For now, go to sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home