Monday, December 12, 2005

It's Catch-up Time here at The Cinematheque

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Too much information...too little time...too sleeeepy...

Just back from Philadelphia (poss. the world's most depressing city, but more on that later) and I am heading back to-morrow morning for three screenings (The New World, Three Burials... and King Kong). I can't even pretend to have the time to cover all the buzz precursor awards being shelled out right. I do love that both LA and Boston named Brokeback Mountain Picture of the Year. I'll try (there is no try...I know Yoda, I know - there is do or do not) to fit commentary about all the crix pix and the Globe noms (Tues. morn) sometime this week (hopefully Tuesday night, but more realistically, Thursday afternoon). I also have to catch up on all those films I haven't seen yet - for both my Best of the Year column (and my Senses of Cinema World Poll submission) and for the 2nd Annual Cinematheque Awards (nominations being announced on January 23rd).

December releases to still catch are Match Point, Mrs. Henderson, Family Stone, Rumor Has It, Munich, Memoirs of a Geisha, Transamerica, Down to the Bone, The White Countess & The Producers. Dvd's to catch up on those films I missed earlier in the year are Mysterious Skin, 9 Songs, Gus Van Sant's Last Days, Yes, Palindromes, Up and Down, The Edukators, Happy Endings & Kings and Queen. Also Hustle & Flow (dvd on Jan 10) and Constant Gardener (dvd Jan 17). I also should check out some of those less fortunate films for inclusion in my annual Worst of the Year, such as The Honeymooners, Dukes of Hazzard, Aeon Flux, The Fantastic Four and so on.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

So little time...so many movies...sleeeeepy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home