Saturday, December 03, 2005

The end of the year is upon all us Awardophiles

Today I recieved some good news (at least to me). I was invited to participate in Senses of Cinema's annual World Poll - a gleaning of the best (and worst) of the year. Now I realize that prety much everyone who has contributed to Senses gets an invite (I participated in their Top 10 polling this past issue), but it still thrilled me - especially since The Village Voice never calls me back for my query on how to get involved in their annual Take whatever poll.

Deadline for submission is December 18th, so there may be some films yet to see before the end of the year (even with press screenings), so my own Best of 2005 will most likely be an upadted version of the Senses article. My Best of will be published on my site probably right around the 7th through 9th of January - followed within a few weeks by my Second Annual Cinematheque Awards Nominations.

As for other "end-of-year" news - my NBR predix have been posted (and they can also be found on OscarWatch.com) and coming soon (all by the 9th at the latest) will be my predictions for the LA Critics (announcing on the 10th), NY Critics (announcing on the 12th) and The Golden Globes (announcing nominations on the 13th - ceremony on Jan. 16th). All these prediction pages, along with my always-updating Oscar Pages, The National Society of Film Critics (announcing on Jan. 7th), The Indie Spirit Awards (ceremony on March 4th) and The Screen Actors Guild Awards (noms announced on Jan. 5th - winners on Jan. 29th) can be found on my site throughout the awards season. All other awards (and there are a Hell of a lot of them, trust me) can be seen either here and/or here - and of course (since I just looove to predict awards) you can read about my predictions here on my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home