Monday, March 13, 2006

The Oscar Project is Upon Us !!

There is a hell of a lot going on behind the scenes at The Cinematheque right now. Recently I came across a cinephile who is attempting to see EVERY film ever nominated for Best Picture (which btw, is 453 motion pictures). His lists can be found right here. This has inspired me to do the same (a thing I've wanted to accomplish for a long time now), so I'm going to sit down and see all of them this year. Yes I said this year. So far I have seen 222 [or 49%], but I plan on seeing all 222 of the previously viewed ones over again, leaving out this past year's crop and The Philadelphia Story, Casablanca & Annie Hall, since I've seen all of those recently and can check them off the list. which means I have just 445 to go (450, if I don't finish by January/February of 2007).

Combine this with my desire to rewatch all those canonical films before composing My Greatest Films List (and seeing those never before seen) AND still keeping up on new releases and review duty (a thing that after my usual February-Oscar-Countdown respite, I'll be starting up again very soon), I may have to see 750+ films this year in order to accomplish this feat. And if Ed Gonzalez can do 800+ a year, then so can I dammit (even with a slow start).

You can view my Oscar Project page over at The Cinematheque right now, but it is still under a (wee) bit of construction, so please forgive me (for now). As I alluded to above, new reviews will be coming soon as well, so watch out for those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home