Sunday, March 05, 2006

Crash wins BP !!??

WHAT THE HELL !!??

I suppose it's no real surprise to see that a gay love story would not be given Best Picture. But I do always claim I want there to be a surprise at The Oscars and this definately was one (although I came this close to predicting it last week before sticking with BBM) - even Jack Nicholson looked shocked (he mouthed wow after announcing it). In the end Crash, BBM, Geisha and Kong all win three awards apiece (I'm going to have to check the stat books on that one). Highlights of the night include the gay western montage, George Clooney's speech and - of course - Meryl & Lily's introduction to Robert Altman.

Oh yeah, my total predix score? 16 out of 24 [or 67%]. I beat all my competition (as you can read at The Oscar Showdown Page), although Albert H. Muth does invoke some "delusional" rule where I cannot be deemed victor without also picking BP (he got 15 right - including picking Crash) - and he claims victory. I guess we have to count all the hanging chads to have an official victor.

To-morrow night (I have to work an entire eight hour shift to-morrow, unlike my normal five and a half) I will be posting my Year-in-Advance Oscar Predix for 2006/2007. They will be over at The Cinematheque sometime to-morrow night.

Good Night, and Good ... well, you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home