Monday, November 28, 2005

T.S.O. -- Heavy Metal Beethoven and/or Classical Zeppelin...plus some gay cowboys hit Hollywood

Went to see The Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday and they were not what I expected at all. I, of course have heard their X-mas songs on the radio (and considering that I am obsessed with Christmas from October first thru New Years Day...), but they were still a surprise. Imagine head-banging, guitar heavy, electric strings, metal-rousing classical music, repleat with smoke and laser show and three seemingly seven foot tall leggy blondes acting as if in a background sexually provocative mosh pit. This is what you get with T.S.O. - heavy metal Beethoven. Strange, but unusual. And speaking of T.S.O. - one of their songs does make my "Greatest Christmas Songs List" - which will be announced very very soon, right here in the midst of the blog. Keep looking.

Also, tomorrow, I'll be taking the train to the brotherly-loving city of Philadelphia for my very first press screening. I've attended both the New York and Philly Film Festivals (as well as sitting upon the jury of back-to-back Harrisburg Film Festivals), but this will be my first press outing. I'll be seeing Brokeback Mountain and The Chronicles of Narnia. Reviews will be forthcoming - most likely they will appear sometime on wednesday upon my site - thecinematheque.com. I'm sure there will be a link from here amongst the bloggy words of...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home