Sunday, November 27, 2005

Welcome to the first entry in my all-new blog, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Blog

I can't believe I am now an "official" Blogger. Christ I am such a lame-ass. I am actually considered by some (okay, maybe only three people and/or cats) to be a semi-respectable Film Critic. I attend film festivals and am even going to start going to press screenings, so what the Hell am I doing with a blog!? I don't need it, I already have my site as a forum, but here I am nonetheless. So I suppose that now, alongside Film Critic, Theoretician and Historian (as well as Poet, Publisher and Spoken Word Artist) I can add the title of Blogger.

This blog will take the place of my Notes from a Cinephile column that had a short and tumultuous lifespan upon my site. It will be dedicated to...well, pretty much anything. There, of course, will be talk on cinema (since that is my main passion) but, contrary to popular belief, I can talk about other things, and I will - but you know cinema will be the major connective tissue that binds it all together. You will be able to link to all my new reviews from here as well, although you should have my entire site bookmarked on your favourites list. You know you should dammit!!

To start it all off, let me talk about the newest thing to happen to yours truly - and yes it has to do with cinema (in a way). Today's edition of The Patriot-News, Harrisburg's one and only daily newspaper, has an article about...well, it's about me!! Li Wang, Film Critic for The Patriot (and possible future co-host of "At the Movies with Kevyn Knox and Li Wang") wrote the piece and, other than aging me by seven months (I'm only 38 dammit, not 39!!) - something I am not going to drop, just for fun's sake - the article came out pretty well. It makes me sound like a pompous, pretentious film snob, and guess what - I am. It's my third time in The Patriot (the first two for past poetry-related events, including the poetry magazine my wife and I once published), in case that kind of statistical information is important to you (as it might just be to any future as-of-yet-unknown archivist of mine).

Well, that's about it for my first ever blog entry, but coming soon (on my site and/or here) will be reviews of Brokeback Mountain (I'm attending a press screening on Tuesday) and Pride & Prejudice, as well as my reactions to The Trans-Siberian Orchestra (who I saw in Hershey Pa earlier today) and probably some Oscar talk (my updated Oscar predictions can be found on my site). I will also be announcing my predictions of this year's National Board of Review awards sometime soon. So remember to put The Cinematheque on your favourites list - now!!

2 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please stop immediately before you become one of those pathetic creatures strapped to your computer boring every one with senseless details of your pitiful life. You were a universe! Now to be a blog?

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog or not, I'm just happy to see that someone else in Harrisburg is passionate about something other than dirt-track racing and shopping. Thank god for Midtown Cinema, and that you and Li are finally reaching an audience. Don't feel quite like I'm in gotdang Pennsyltucky anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home